Brentwood Car Accident Lawyer | Brentwood Car Accident Law Firm
If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident in Brentwood, MO and suffered injuries or losses, you may be entitled to compensation for those losses. Contact TorHoerman Law to discuss your legal options with an experienced Brentwood car accident lawyer. TorHoerman Law offers free, no-obligation case consultations for all potential clients. Want a faster response? Use our chatbot below to get an instant online case evaluation from a Brentwood car accident law firm for free!
You are not alone on the road to recovery. Contact TorHoerman Law to learn how our firm can serve you.
Benefits of a Brentwood Car Accident Lawyer
Brentwood is a small St. Louis city located between Clayton and Webster Groves. With a population of just 8,000, it’s a bit quieter than surrounding towns but still popular for its diverse businesses, restaurants, shopping and retail . The “city of warmth”, which is easily accessible from a number of St. Louis’ most prominent highways, drives heavy traffic deadly. As a smaller town, this means that car accidents near Brentwood, MO are common.
If you or someone you know has been hurt in a crash, you can benefit from speaking with a Brentwood car accident lawyer.
Filing a lawsuit is easy with the right resources. The goal of a Brentwood car accident lawsuit is to win the victim financial compensation for their losses. Your lawyer will use the evidence you provide to either settle out of court or fight for you in a lawsuit. Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of hiring a Brentwood car accident lawyer.
Brentwood Car Accident Statistics
- Brentwood experiences 1-2 fatal car accidents each year on average. Overall traffic fatality deaths in Brentwood are lower than that of the Missouri average.
- 50% of fatal Brentwood car accidents have involved drunk drivers. The most recent fatal crash was on Eager Road and did not involve intoxicated drivers.
- The average Missouri city accident rates are as follows (annually): 123 fatal crashes, 42 drunk fatal crashes, 135 fatalities, and 16 pedestrians involved in deadly accidents. Brentwood’s crash rates are likely much lower due to the city’s small size of less than 2 square miles.
- The states with the most fatal accidents per population are Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Minnesota, New York, Nebraska, and the District of Columbia.
- The most frequent causes of car accidents are distracted driving, reckless driving (speeding), and driving under the influence.
- Wearing a seatbelt is one of the easiest ways to improve your safety when driving.
Dangerous Roads in Brentwood, MO
High speed limits and a multi-lane design are two qualities that make a roadway more hazardous. In turn, the following roads are where the most crashes take place in Brentwood:
- Strassner Drive runs east to west in the northeastern part of town and turns into Wrenwood Lane.
- Highway 100 (Manchester Road) runs east to west in southern Brentwood. It is long, fast, and contains many lanes. It is a notoriously dangerous road in Missouri.
- S Brentwood Boulevard separates Brentwood’s east and west halves. It connects to multiple highways, and many drivers who are passing from the north to the south take this road.
- Interstate 64 (Highway 40) is just north of Brentwood but may be the most common route used to reach town. Accidents are common all over this road, both near Brentwood and beyond.
- Litzsinger Road is the other major road that runs through Brentwood. Litzsinger takes drivers from Tilles Park into Brentwood and is a high-traffic stretch.
What is My Brentwood Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of a car accident case depends on the damages incurred. Some damages such as minor property damage are typically less valuable than something like a lasting injury that caused hospital bills to stack up. Furthermore, some damages are difficult to quantify; emotional suffering or loss of opportunity, for example. The typical car accident payout is around $20,000. It’s hard for the car accident victim to predict what they’re owed without an expert’s opinion, so call a Brentwood car accident lawyer for the best assessment.
TorHoerman Law offers free, no-obligation case consultations for any potential clients. Contact us to talk to a Brentwood car accident lawyer, get a free assessment of your case and some great legal options to take.
Keep in mind only winning cases will award you compensation. Experienced attorneys will only take on cases they think can win, but nothing is guaranteed. It is also possible for a percentage of your compensation to be deducted in trial. In Missouri, the court will decide how much of the accident was your fault and subtract it from your winnings. A ruling that the crash was 20% your fault means you receive 20% less money for your losses. Determining fault is known as liability.
Am I Eligible For a Brentwood Car Accident Lawsuit?
This is probably the first question you ask yourself after realizing the financial impact of your accident. So, what can I do? A lawsuit is often the most beneficial move after getting in a car accident, but it does not mean you can always do it. Lawsuits have certain requirements, and most lawyers will only take cases they think are sufficiently strong. One of the most important requirements is that you are within the statute of limitations. This is generally 2 years in Missouri, but there are certain exceptions that warrant the eyes of a lawyer. It will also help your case if you can continue to mitigate damages. Mitigation means taking care of your injuries so that their severity is accurate in a lawsuit.
Lawsuit eligibility is heavily dependent on the specific details of your case. It’s best to contact a Brentwood car accident lawyer to discuss your case and talk about some of your best legal and non-legal options before deciding to file a lawsuit.
Benefits of Hiring a Brentwood Car Accident Lawyer
There are no downsides to making an initial call to a lawyer—the worst case scenario is they do not think you have a case, or that they refer you to a different law firm. But once you know that you are eligible for a lawsuit, is it worth hiring an attorney? If you are seeking compensation, the answer is yes.
A Brentwood car accident lawyer will do most of the work in a civil lawsuit. Your main task will be to give them information relating to your accident. They can assess damages, organize evidence, and communicate with the insurance companies. Your lawyer will build a case showing how the accident happened, how it affected you, and why you should be compensated for it. It is best to hire a lawyer who uses a contingency fee system as you won’t have to pay legal fees unless your case wins.
TorHoerman Law, Brentwood Car Accident Lawyer
TorHoerman Law is a personal injury law firm with years of experience in car accident litigation. Our offices in Missouri and Illinois have dealt with every kind of car accident, so we know the struggle of recovering from such a traumatic event. Our expert attorneys are ready to take a look at your car accident case. Call TorHoerman Law at 1-888-508-6752 to schedule a free consultation today.
For additional information, see the following:
For additional legal practices in Brentwood, MO, visit the following pages: