On December 16, Graco announced a safety recall for around 51,000 inclined sleeper accessories for certain Pack ‘n Plays.
No injuries or deaths have been reported from their specific device, but Graco’s recalled inclined sleepers are very similar to other extremely dangerous products. Since 2005, at least 92 infants have suffocated to death in inclined sleepers and more than 1,000 babies have been injured or nearly died, according to Consumer Reports.
The Recall involves the following Pack ‘n Play Products:
- Graco Pack ‘n Play Day2Dream Playard & Bedside Sleeper – Model # 2034085, 2048753, & 2053215
- Graco Pack ‘n Play Nuzzle Nest Playard – Model # 1947177 & 1896392
- Graco Pack ‘n Play Everest Playard – Model 1946902 & 1946903
- Graco Pack ‘n Play Rock ‘N Grow Playard – Model # 2105055
- Graco is offering cash refunds from $45 to $70 for the accessories.
More than 6 million inclined sleepers have been recalled since 2019, sparked by dozens of deaths in the Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play. Several retailers like Amazon, Buy Buy Baby, and Walmart have banned sales of these products due to the unacceptable risk of death.