TorHoerman Law “End Distracted Driving” Scholarship
As part of the TorHoerman Law Scholarship Program, THL is hosting our 4th annual scholarship essay competition. In accordance with our “End Distracted Driving” campaign, student contestants will be asked to discuss the dangers of distracted driving and what steps our society can take to put an end to this issue. The student with the best overall response will receive $1,000 to go towards their education costs.
Contestants in this year’s contest are asked to submit a video response to our essay topic prompt.
Contestants must provide PDF proof of Fall 2022 enrollment at an accredited university. This may include an acceptance letter, a class schedule, or another enrollment document. Documents must be dated and include the student’s name and university. The scholarship will be sent directly to the Bursar Department at the student’s university.
Each student is limited to one submission.
All submission made before the submission open date & after the submission closing date will not be included in participation.
The scholarship is available to all incoming college freshmen and current college undergraduate students.
- Submissions Open: March 1st, 2022
- Submissions Closed: May 1st, 2022
- Winner Announced: June 2022
This year, there will be 3 separate topics that participants can choose to respond to. Each student participant should pick only one of these topics for their video response.
- How do we, as a society, successfully address the issue of distracted driving with young adults & create a new generation of informed & safe drivers?
- How has distracted driving personally affected you personally?
- What new state & federal levels laws & regulations could greatly combat the issue of distracted & how can we support them?
VIDEO RESPONSE GUIDE
- Videos should be an approximately 3-5 minutes long response to the “essay topic”.
- Use original materials only. Do not use any copyrighted materials in your video unless you have permission to do so.
- Videos should be uploaded to YouTube. After they are uploaded, copy the link to the video on the submission form.
- Videos should be named THL “Let’s End Distracted Driving” Scholarship Contest 2022 (name) submission”
- Include citations for any referenced material in the YouTube video description.
Video responses will be judged by a panel of TorHoerman Law employees. Response scores will be based on the following criteria:
- 50% on creativity & originality
- 30% accurate information & citations
- 10% following directions
- 10% other factors
- Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted via the contact information provided.
- Public Announcement: A winner announcement will be made across the TorHoerman Law social media platform.
- The winning video response will be posted across all TorHoerman Law social platforms.
DISCLAIMER: The winner of the TorHoerman Law Scholarship Foundation Essay Contest will be asked to provide a headshot for promotional purposes. The winner’s name, headshot and a short bio will be shared on the TorHoermanLaw.com blog page, as well as across all TorHoerman Law social media platforms. The winning video will be shared on the TorHoerman Law website & all social platforms.
QUESTIONS or CONCERNS: Email the TorHoerman Law Employee Foundation at email@example.com for any questions involving directions, rules, or formatting.