Illinois Truck Accident Statistics
- Peoria County recorded a total of 20 automobile fatalities in 2018.
- Illinois has reported more than 100 fatalities due to larges trucks for four consecutive years.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Peoria County has a large truck fatality rate of 1.11 per 100,000 population
- In 2019, the total number of truck-related deaths decreased to 116 from 129 the previous year.
- In 2018, large trucks involved in work zone crashes accounted for more than 100 reports of injuries and 600 reports of property damage.
- There were 12,267 truck accidents in Illinois in 2018.
- Fatalities resulting from truck accidents account for 3.8% of total crashes.
- Injury crashes involving trucks account for 3.1% of all accidents that result in injuries.
- 16% of all fatal crashes in Illinois involved large trucks.