Chicago Chemical Exposure Lawyer | Chicago Chemical Exposure Law Firm
Toxic exposure can occur from a number of things – chemical poisons, gasses, smoke, pesticides, motor fuels, and more. The chemicals can cause dangerous, potentially life-threatening injuries and side effects. Individuals who are injured by dangerous chemicals can sue the responsible party to recover any damages suffered.
Have you been exposed to toxic chemicals or gasses that caused you to suffer an injury? An experienced Chicago chemical exposure lawyer at TorHoerman Law may be able to help you.
What Is A Chemical Exposure Lawsuit?
A toxic tort is “a personal injury caused by exposure to a toxic substance, such as asbestos or hazardous waste,” according to the Legal Information Institute, an independently-funded project of the Cornell Law School.
Further, any individual who suffers an injury due to unknown exposure to hazardous chemicals or a dangerous substance can file what is referred to as a toxic tort lawsuit.
There are a number of different dangerous substances, ranging from chemicals, sprays, air and water polluters, minerals and compounds, and other materials. Individuals can be exposed at home, in the workplace, or in their community.
What Kinds of Injuries Can I Get From Being Exposed to Chemicals in Chicago, IL?
Exposure to chemicals can occur almost anywhere and most likely occurs due to inhalation. Individuals can also be exposed through ingestion and direct contact with skin, but those means of exposure are a bit less common. Regardless of the location or method of toxic chemical exposure, a number of potentially life-threatening injuries can occur which can include, but is not limited to:
- Scarring of the skin
- Eye damage
- Damage to the lungs
- Brain damage
- Other organ damage
- Reproductive system damage
- In extreme circumstances, death
Chemical exposure can also cause long-term side effects and illnesses such as:
- Popcorn Lung
- Coffee Lung
- Parkinson’s caused by Paraquat exposure
- Chemically induced asthma
- Reactive Airways Dysfunction Syndrome (RADS)
- Birth defects
What Do I Do If I Am Exposed To Dangerous Material?
If you have been exposed to chemical, it is important to take steps to minimize further injury quickly.
- Take yourself out of that environment as soon as possible to prevent additional injuries.
- Seek medical attention right away to mitigate further injuries and to prevent those that have already occurred from progressing. Medical personnel will be able to diagnosis and treat your injuries either on-site or at a nearby hospital.
- Contact the appropriate authorities about the situation. If the exposure happened at someone else’s house or apartment, you will need to inform the property owner. If the injury occurred at work, you will need to notify your place of employment immediately, especially if a Chicago worker’s compensation lawsuit will need to be filed, too.
- Contact a Chicago chemical exposure lawyer. After an initial discussion about the circumstances of the case, your lawyer will be able to determine the next steps that need to be taken. Additionally, they will be able to speak with the responsible party on your behalf, allowing you to focus on recovery.
Chicago Chemical Exposure Lawyer
TorHoerman Law is highly experienced in the world of toxic tort lawsuits. Since 2009, the firm has successfully handled and resolved complex dangerous chemicals claims for thousands of people. With our experience, you can expect the legal team at TorHoerman Law to establish an attorney-client relationship to fight for you and your right to receive compensation for your injuries.
If you have any questions about a chemical exposure lawsuit, we would be happy to assist. Contact our Chicago injury lawyer at TorHoerman Law today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, intended for informational purposes only. You are by no means required to proceed further if you do not our firm is a right fit for your needs.
For additional information, see the following pages:
For additional practice areas in Chicago, IL, see the following pages:
- Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer
- Chicago Car Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorney Chicago
- Chicago Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Attorney Chicago
- Slip and Fall Attorney Chicago
- Chicago Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Premises Liability Lawyer
- Chicago Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Medical Malpractice Attorney Chicago
- Dog Bite Attorney Chicago
- Chicago Public Transportation Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Assault Attorney
- Chicago Chemical Exposure Lawyer
- Chicago Daycare Negligence Lawyer
- Uber Accident Lawyer Chicago
- Chicago Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Chicago Scooter Accident Attorney
- Chicago Birth Injury Lawyer
- Chicago Construction Accident Injury
- Chicago Mesothelioma Lawyer