The History of Schaumburg
Located approximately 30 miles northwest of Chicago, the city of Schaumburg has transformed itself from a small farming community into a booming suburban economic hub. Founded in 1850, the historic town of Schaumburg, Illinois, saw an increase in population for the first fifty years of its existence. Most residents had emigrated from the Schaumburg-Lippe region of Germany. There were 134 initial settlers of the town on the 1860 census, whereas today the population exceeds 75,000 residents and 80,000 employees.
The village of Schaumburg has a meaningful logo that represents the history of the town. The “S” is made up of four willow leaves. The leaves represent the residents, nature, business, and industry. It is placed on a five-petal rose which originates from the coat of arms from the early German settlers.