East St Louis Truck Accident Statistics
Truck accidents aren’t as common as regular car accidents, but they’re more likely to cause injuries and to cause property damage.
Here are some truck crash statistics to put things in perspective:
- The number of fatal truck accidents nationwide has increased by around 30% in the last 10 years.
- More than 4,000 people died in large truck accidents in 2018. Two-thirds of the fatalities were car drivers.
- There were nearly 23,000 passenger vehicle occupant deaths in 2018.
- Large truck crashes are the deadliest between noon and 3 PM. In contrast, non-truck crashes are the deadliest between 6 PM and 9 PM. A similar discrepancy exists for the day of the week: twice as many fatal crashes that don’t involve trucks happen on Saturdays, compared to fatal accidents that do involve trucks.
- 45% of fatal truck crashes involve the vehicle rolling over.
- In 2018, only 3% of large truck drivers killed in an accident had a blood alcohol concentration above the legal limit.
- It takes large trucks 30% longer on average to stop their vehicle compared to a car.
- The only way to receive compensation is by calling an East St Louis truck accident lawyer!