Illinois Truck Accident Statistics
Don’t steal lumber, look at a number. Have you ever wondered just how often accidents happen? Plenty of agencies keep track of these statistics. Being aware of these numbers can act as a reminder to stay serious when you’re behind the wheel.
The following stats reflect accidents in 2017:
- There were 190 fatal crashes involving pickup trucks and 9241 crashes that caused an injury.
- There were 142 fatal crashes involving other trucks and farming vehicles and more than 3200 injuries.
- 23 fatal truck crashes happened in work zones. This resulted in 190 injuries.
- Trucks make up 16% of registered vehicles in Illinois.
- Buses accounted for 8 fatal crashes and 848 injuries.
- Truck crashes were more likely to occur in rural areas than urban.
- In both urban and rural areas, interstate type roads were the commonest place for crashes to take place.
- Illinois car accidents caused more than 450 thousand injuries in 2017.
- Crashes caused by deer made up 5% of accidents.
- 51% of fatal traffic accidents happened at night.
- 100% of victims seeking compensation look for a Fairview Heights truck accident lawyer.