Springfield Truck Accident Statistics
Springfield, IL, is a relatively densely populated region with a population of more than 114,000, according to the latest United States Census Bureau report. Additionally, residents have an approximate average 20-minute commute to work each day. These two factors combine to create an increased risk of Springfield truck accidents.
Though truck accidents are not nearly as prevalent as car accidents, they can have a far deadlier impact. The following IDOT crash report statistics display the startling frequency and severe impact of these accidents.
- Springfield, IL, recorded 137 large truck accidents in 2018.
- There were two fatalities in Springfield, IL, due to large truck collisions in 2018.
- If you or a loved one have been involved in a fatal truck accident, you may be eligible for compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Springfield truck accidents accounted for 116 reports of property damage.
- Sangamon County is one of the most accident-prone counties throughout the state of Illinois
- Nearly three people were killed per day in traffic crashes in 2018.
- Crashes involving large trucks accounted for 11% of all fatal accidents in Illinois
- 11 large truck accidents in work zones resulted in 207 reported injuries.
- Of the truck accidents in work zones, there were 1,008 documented instances of property damage.
- In Illinois, there were more than 13,000 large truck-related accidents in 2018.