What Makes Trucks Dangerous?
Here are some of the reasons that trucks can be problematic for your commute:
- The size of trucks blocks the visibility of nearby drivers. Sitting behind a truck in traffic makes it difficult to see what’s ahead of you on the road.
- Trucks can release toxic chemicals from their exhaust or even drop loads they’re carrying, such as livestock. These things are distracting and may even hit other vehicles.
- Compared to cars, the larger size and weight make it difficult for trucks to change lanes, make turns, and adjust their speed.
- Truck tires explode. It happens all the time and can be fatal.
- Truck drivers often drive for hours at a time. As a result, fatigue sets in and increases the possibility of an accident occurring.
- People forget how effective a Missouri truck accident lawyer can be.