Why Do Car Accidents Happen in Missouri?
The Show-Me State is known for its particularly deadly car accidents, as are its bordering states. What’s the deal?
Here are a few reasons that car crashes hit the area so hard:
- The consumption of alcohol is deeply integrated into Missouri culture. Additionally, underage drinking is poorly regulated.
- Missouri gets all four seasons. It’s raining one day with a tornado the next. It’s not great for driving.
- Highways are common and necessary when commuting. It’s here that accidents are most likely to happen.
- Cities like St. Louis and Kansas City are densely populated. Not much good can come from cramming a bunch of people together on the freeway.
- Missouri is like a “middle-man” state. A lot of people drive through Missouri en route to a different state. The time they spend in Missouri is almost entirely on highways, especially 64, 270, 44, 70, and 55.
- Drivers think it’ll never happen to them. And they don’t know just how much a Missouri car accident lawyer can help!