Car Accidents in St. Louis, MO
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a St. Louis area car accident, you may be eligible to participate in a St. Louis car accident lawsuit. Contact a St. Louis car accident lawyer at TorHoerman Law for a free, no-obligation case consultation.
Want to find out if you qualify for compensation right away? Use chatbot below to get an instant online case evaluation from a St. Louis car accident law firm.
You are not alone on the road to financial recovery – contact TorHoerman Law and learn how our firm can serve you.
Involved in a Car Accident in St. Louis, MO
Being in a car accident is scary enough, but the aftermath can be incredibly overwhelming, too.
Most individuals are left with a lot of questions after an accident:
- Can I get compensated for the cost of my accident?
- Is it worth pursuing a claim?
- Will insurance cover the costs of the accident?
- What does the legal process look like?
You may have incurred many medical bills, been forced to take off work to recover or replace a car due to extensive damage, all of which are unexpected expenses. However, you do not have to face any of those worries alone.
At TorHoerman Law, a St. Louis car accident lawyer is here to help you through every step of the process. We are experienced in car accident lawsuit representation services in St. Louis, MO.
Contact TorHoerman Law to speak with a member of our St. Louis personal injury legal team and get your questions answered right now, free of charge.
St. Louis Car Accident Statistics
The following statistics provided by the MODOT St. Louis Region Crash Report illustrate the frequency and severity of car accidents in St. Louis, MO.
- Between 2015-2017, the number of car accident fatalities in St. Louis, Missouri, increased each year from 196 to 228.
- In 2017, There was a total of 1,380 reports of serious injuries due to car accidents in St. Louis, MO.
- Approximately 28% of all St. Louis car accidents result in serious injuries.
- The St. Louis region accounts for nearly 24% of all fatal car accidents in the state of Missouri.
- Vehicle occupants not wearing seat belts has been the leading cause of fatal car crashes from 2015 to 2018.
- Run-off-road collisions are the leading cause of serious injuries in St. Louis.
What to Do After a Car Accident in St. Louis
Do you know what to do if you are involved in a car accident? Here are a few steps to take if you are involved in a vehicle accident in St. Louis:
- STOP! Do not drive away.
- Call the police and contact medical professionals. In Missouri, there are specific laws governing if you should complete and submit a Motor Vehicle Accident Report. If the following apply, you should submit an accident report.
- The accident occurred less than a year ago.
- An uninsured motorist was involved in the accident.
- An injury or death resulted.
- Property damage from the accident was more than $500.
- Document important accident information including pictures of the accident, license plates of all cars involved, and licenses of the drivers. Write down your account of the accident as well as the names and badge numbers of the responding law enforcement officers.
- Do not discuss fault with anyone, including the other driver, the police, or any insurance company.
- If hurt, seek medical treatment right away. Keep track of all medical and billing records. This will help your lawyer compile the details of your case down the road.
- Hire a lawyer. The sooner you hire a lawyer, the faster you can initiate the legal process. A St. Louis car accident lawyer will help you navigate the confusing and complicated legal system and represent you and your interests to the courts.
- Ask your legal team any and all questions you may have. We are here to help you through the lawsuit process as seamlessly as possible.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in St. Louis, MO
There are a wide variety of types of vehicle accidents. Causes of car accidents in St. Louis, MO frequently result from drunk driving, reckless or careless driving, auto defects, distracted driving, rear-end crashes, among others.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol records crash circumstances when documenting car accidents in reports and analyze the data using the Statistical Analysis Center. Statistics are provided for six factors:
- Alcohol involvement
- Speed involvement
- Young driver
- Mature driver
- Commercial vehicle
- Motorcycle involved
According to the most recent data analysis, the biggest factors of car accidents were speed and the age of the driver, which includes drivers under the age of 21 and over the age of 55.
End Distracted Driving in St. Louis
One of the most common causes of car accidents in St. Louis, MO is distracted driving.
There are many steps that can be taken to avoid St. Louis accidents and help to protect drivers on the road. Put your phone down. Keep your eyes on the road. Obey the speed limit. Take caution when driving through a construction zone. At TorHoerman Law, we are doing our part to combat the issue head-on; promoting our End Distracted Driving campaign and spreading the word about the dangers of driving distracted.
Lawmakers in the state are also beginning to take action to combat this deadly trend of distracted driving.
According to the St. Louis Post Dispatch, cell-phone related crashes are up 35% since 2014, and Missouri officials want to do something about it. Legislators have introduced eight separate measures to limit cell phone use while driving, but most drivers can still use the devices without penalty. Current laws in place ban the use of cell phones for drivers under 21 and commercial motor vehicles, but the law is one of the most relaxed in the country whereas many other states ban distracted driving entirely.
Six measures have been introduced by elected officials with hopes that one will pass to restrict the use of cell phones while driving and in turn, make the roadways in St. Louis and the State of Missouri safer for everyone.
Common Car Accident Injuries in St. Louis, MO
Almost any injury can occur as a result of a car accident, but the following are a few of the most common car accident injuries:
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Spinal Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
Whether you suffered a major injury, such as those listed above, or a more minor injury, it is important that you mitigate those injuries. Seek medical assistance as soon as possible after your accident, no matter how minor your injuries seem. This is an incredibly important step if you decide to file a St. Louis car accident lawsuit.
Hiring a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in St. Louis, MO, you may be entitled to compensation for the losses you incurred through legal action.
After mitigating your injuries, the first step you should take is contacting a St. Louis car accident lawyer to represent you and your interests.
The choice of an attorney is one of the most important steps in the legal process. Be sure to find an attorney with experience litigating car accident lawsuits, the resources at their disposal to litigate your case to the fullest degree, and the time and determination to represent you to the best of their abilities.
TorHoerman Law is an experienced St. Louis car accident law firm. We have developed a winning history fighting for the interests of our clients.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case consultation and find out why we are the best St. Louis car accident lawyers.
Filing a St. Louis Car Accident Lawsuit
After hiring a lawyer, you should familiarize yourself with the civil litigation process so that you know what to expect of your car accident lawsuit.
Your St. Louis car accident lawyer will begin gathering evidence, including any evidence you have been able to collect, to strengthen your claim.
They will also assess the damages that you incurred as a result of your accident, to determine an appropriate amount of compensation.
As your St. Louis car accident lawyer navigates the complex legal process, they will fight to gain you compensation through a settlement or verdict. Oftentimes, a pretrial settlement is the preferred outcome of a car accident lawsuit because it alleviates the plaintiff of having to try their case in court.
While your attorney fights for you in the court to gain you financial recovery, your main job is to focus on the most important thing, physical and emotional recovery.
TorHoerman Law, St Louis Car Accident Law Firm
The experienced St. Louis car accident lawyers at TorHoerman Law can help you navigate the complicated legal system and answer any questions you may have along the way.
Our goal is to provide you with the best St. Louis car accident lawyer – one who is experienced and committed to representing you to the fullest extent and getting the outcome that you expect.
Contact our firm and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today to begin the process. You can also use our chatbot below to receive a free instant online case evaluation right now!
How Much Does a St Louis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
Like anyone else, you are probably asking yourself, “how much is this going to cost me?”
That’s a fair question, especially when it comes to legal aid.
Here is the good news – At TorHoerman Law, we operate on a contingency fee basis for all St. Louis car accident lawsuit clients. This means that our clients do not pay any fees until they have been awarded compensation for their damages. No compensation? No fees. If our clients are not financially recovered for their injuries, we take on the costs of the lawsuit.
So, we are as dedicated as our clients to get the best possible outcome for all of our clients’ cases.
TorHoerman Law – your St. Louis Car Accident Law Firm.
For additional information, see the following pages:
For additional practice areas in St. Louis, MO, see the following pages:
- St. Louis Injury Lawyer
- St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
- St. Louis MO Trucking Accident Attorney
- St. Louis Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
- St. Louis Wrongful Death Attorney
- St. Louis Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Attorney St. Louis
- St. Louis Premises Liability
- St. Louis Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- St. Louis Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- St. Louis Dog Bite Lawyer
- St. Louis Bus Accident Lawyer
- St. Louis Assault Lawyer
- St. Louis Chemical Exposure Lawyer
- St. Louis Daycare Injury Lawyer
- St. Louis Uber Accident Attorneys
- Lyft Accident Attorney St. Louis
- St. Louis Mesothelioma Lawyer
- St. Louis Construction Accident Lawyer
- St. Louis Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer