Bar and Court Admissions
- The State of Illinois (2003)
- The State of Missouri (2004)
- The State of California (2007)
- U.S. Federal Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Federal Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Federal Court Central District of Illinois
- Southern Illinois University – B.S. Accounting – (2000)
- Southern Illinois University – J.D. (2003)
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (2012-2018)
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- Cook County Bar Association
- Court-Appointed Guardian ad litem in Madison County, IL
- The Injury Board
Professional Speaking and Writing Engagements
- Introduction to the Southern District of Illinois: How and When to File Your Pradaxa Case and an Update on Discovery, Harris Martin Pradaxa Litigation Conference, November 1, 2012
- Everything Revolves Around Food: A Day in the Life of Someone with an Eating Disorder, Living Safer
In his work at TorHoerman Law, Steven Davis fights for the rights of victims harmed by others. At the heart of his practice is holding pharmaceutical, medical device, and chemical corporations accountable when they put consumer safety behind their own profit goals.
Steven represents people injured by the wrongful acts of others, whether that be pharmaceutical companies in their development and marketing of dangerous drugs and medical devices or a distracted driver causing a devastating accident due to his or her negligence.
He currently represents individuals suffering serious injuries caused by the use of prescription medications such as Xarelto, Invokana, Taxotere, Uloric, and talcum powder products, and also helps those affected by various personal injury accidents. His prior experience includes representing clients injured after use of prescription painkillers, SSRIs, and faulty heart devices.
While in law school, Steven worked at the offices of the Saline County, Illinois State’s Attorney and at the offices of the Vanderburgh, Indiana County Prosecutor. He received first-rate courtroom training as a legal representative for the counties but believed he could affect more change by pursuing justice for those harmed by companies that put profits ahead of consumer safety. Steven gained incredible experience in pharmaceutical litigation throughout his career.
Since his move to TorHoerman Law in 2009, Steven has continued the fight for the rights of victims harmed by the negligence of another and profit-driven decisions made by pharmaceutical corporations.
Notable Cases & Results
- Transvaginal Mesh(TVM) Related Cases – Represented hundreds of women injured by defective and dangerous transvaginal mesh products. The overwhelming majority of these women have now received confidential settlements.
- OxyContin – Represented thousands of “accidental addicts”. After protracted litigation, he helped to obtain a large settlement for individuals harmed by Oxycontin and assisted the DOJ in obtaining guilty pleas from corporate representatives.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Prempro Products et al., case number 4:03-cv-01507, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas. – Represented women who took hormone replacement therapy medications that subsequently developed breast cancer. This hard-fought litigation took many years, but ultimately resulted in confidential settlements for clients.
- Pradaxa (Dabigatran Etexilate) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2385 – Appointed by Judge Herndon as Co-Liason Counsel in the MDL. After protracted litigation, the defendants agreed to a $650 million settlement.
- Zelnorm Litigation., Case No. 280 – Represented men and women injured as a result of this IBS treatment. These cases were resolved through a confidential settlement.
I spend too much time and money on guitars. I became a lawyer because of Matlock but I do not own a white suit. Yet. Go Cardinals.
Steven enjoys spending time with his wife, also an attorney, and their children. He is an elder at his church and an avid guitarist. He is a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals and Blues. His golf scores do not reflect the amount of time he spends playing.