Bar and Court Admissions
- The State of Illinois (2012)
- United States Federal Court Northern District of Illinois
- United States Federal Court Southern District of Illinois
- Wabash College – B.A. Psychology – Presidential Scholar, Dean’s List, Football top 10 GPA, 2 years All-Conference Football, Pledge Education Committee and Social Chair for Beta Theta Pi Fraternity, Member and New Member Educator for the Sphinx Club (Campus Governance and Leadership Group), Writer for the School Newspaper. (2008)
- School for International Training, Melbourne – research study (2007)
- Saint Louis University Law School – J.D. – Cum Laude – Winner of Inaugural National Health Law Regulatory and Compliance Competition, Order of the Woolsack, Faculty Fellow, Dean’s Scholar, Distinguished Health Law Extern (OGC HHS), Academic Excellence Award Winner: Torts, Product’s Liability, and FDA Drug and Device Regulations (2012)
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40 in Illinois”
- Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (2020-2021)
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- The Injury Board
- Complex Litigation E-Discovery Forum
- Saint Louis University School of Law Young Alumni Society
- St. Louis Civic Organization, President HOA
Chad Finley is an attorney who focuses on representing clients who have been wronged by the tortious acts of others, including pharmaceutical and medical device cases, products liability, mass torts, catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, and whistleblower actions.
Chad represents clients in a variety of complex cases. Chad has litigated Actos, Pradaxa, Incretin Mimetics, Coldwater Creek (Radiation Exposure), and numerous personal injury cases and insurance disputes. He was selected by Judge Rosenstengel, Southern District of Illinois, to serve on the Paraquat Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in MDL 3004. He is also actively litigating Juul addiction and pulmonary injury claims. He specializes in complex discovery, issues surrounding e-discovery, gathering corporate and expert testimony, and scientific litigation.
Chad began working as an attorney at TorHoerman Law in 2012 after an externship at the Office of the General Counsel, Health and Human Services, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Division (CMS) in Washington D.C. Chad previously clerked for TorHoerman Law prior to externing for CMS. While at CMS, Chad assisted the Office of the General Counsel with issues relating to their position on False Claims Act cases.
When people, or their family members, are injured Chad takes pride in being their voice in depositions and the courtroom and holding those responsible accountable for their actions and decisions.
Notable Cases & Results
- Paraquat related cases, MDL Case No. 3004 – Selected to serve on the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee. Litigation ongoing.
- Actos Related Cases, MDL Case No. 11 L 10011, Et. Al. – Lead document review, deposition strategy, discovery strategy, and liaised with expert witnesses for TorHoerman Law which resulted in a $2.4 billion settlement.
- Pradaxa – Lead document review, deposition strategy, discovery strategy, and liaised with expert witnesses for TorHoerman Law which resulted in a $650 million settlement.
- Androgel – Managed the case for TorHoerman Law which was settled for an unspecified settlement.
- Syngenta – Managed the case for TorHoerman Law which was settled for $1.51 billion.
- Coldwater Creek – Lead document review, deposition strategy, discovery strategy, and liaised with expert witnesses for TorHoerman Law which resulted in confidential settlement.
- Hyland’s Teething Tablets – Lead document review, deposition strategy, discovery strategy, and liaised with expert witnesses for TorHoerman Law which resulted in a confidential settlement.
- Motor vehicle – Shoulder injury $100,000 settlement.
- Insurance Dispute – $120,000 settlement.
- Numerous other personal injury and insurance dispute settlements which are confidential.
Chad attended and played football at Wabash College, which is the rival school of Tor’s alma mater DePauw University. Chad is originally from a small town in east central Illinois and later attended St. Louis University School of Law and decided to make the St. Louis area home. He dislikes beaches, sleep, and boredom and enjoys spending time with family, traveling, skiing, hiking, kayaking, card games, being right, finding random activities, sports, coffee and working all hours of the day and night reading documents, researching, and understanding the science/facts in lawsuits. Chad is extremely passionate about the work that he does and is involved in community service in St. Louis (even though he is an avid Chicago sports fan).